Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nowhere To Turn For Real Help


Ty Weightman was kept from the truth of having an Asperger Syndrome diagnosis at age 8. Even in the face of knowing today, it's an uphill battle to get any real help, as poor treatment and "mental illness" labels continue to upstage the truth; autistic reaction to poor treatments, inhospitable environment, and severe lack of understanding and compassion for any of it. Sadly, this is all too common, for most autistic people, to endure. Ty uses the word "persecuted." This is what many of us deal with, in a nutshell. Society and systems are dangerously un-evolved. Autistic persons are getting the brunt of the abuse, whence they develop mental health comorbids due to the above, and the real and right treatment is just not available or even made known. This causes debility and death on a daily basis, and it's just not necessary if people would open their eyes and their hearts! The closest we come to "help" at this time, is helping each other, to simply survive and keep at bay. It's not always possible whence chemical imbalance and neurological damage happens from the trauma. What can you do to help? Educate yourself. Get to know us. Understand who we really are. Have compassion, not judgement. What has happened to Ty and thousands of others can be prevented. It takes one person at a time, to share and learn. Share this story. Share this blog. If you or a family member have been victimized, please send me your testimonial story. 
Ty's Story:


In 2003, all hell broke loose in my life. I began to not sleep more and more, and started to act really irrational. I was always different, my entire life I was treated poorly for me being different. And I had "Freak-Outs" as my sister would discribe them throughout my life. My parents reactions to my "trantrums" as they discribed them would result in at times sever corporal punishment. Sometimes my sister would get into trouble trying to point out to my parents, that it is apparent that I do not act out on purpose, I just can't help myself.
 
I took off to Florida in 2004, the PTSD from my childhood, my parents harsh treatment in my differentness didn't help my condition. 19 days of insomia and mania, caused a roommate to call 911 on me, stating that she was in fear of her life and the life's of people around me. Which is kinda funny cause anyone who knows me knows I am not a violent person. But the police showed up and I was taken away inpatient to Winter Haven Mental Instutution.
 
In 2005, I came back to Washington State.
 
I've been since diagnosed with several Mental Illnesses (Bipolar Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Over Compulsive Disorder)(Bulimia), ADHD, and about 5 years ago my sister told me that when I was younger, I was diagnosed as Asperger's. She said it in anger because I had a "Freak-out". She has since appologized to me, she told me that is was wrong for her to tell me like that, but it wasn't doing me any favors by keeping it a secret from me. My parents knew, they were told when I was 7 or 8 years old. I always felt there was a secret that they were in on, but I had no clue in the matter as to what it was. Things just has always been different for me. I didn't understand people, especially my peers. It seemed to me they enjoyed bulleying me. My sister always seemed to be on my side, she had never been really mean to me, she always tried to include me in her life.
 
I was persecuted a lot for not maintaining eye-contact with people, especially from my parents. I never quite understood, why this was such a big deal. I lost focus a lot, another one of my parents Pet-Peves with me.
 
I can't be online for very long, because I resently been put on suicide watch. A few days ago I placed myself in my car and closed the garage door. I just wanted the pain to go away. A fellow UU, sent me your link and told me to watch, read, and write you. I nearly didn't make it to my 39th birthday which is March 14th. I hope I will be able to go home soon. But right now I am not suppose to be on the PC. So I am writing this really late at night, my roommate has privilages, so I can sneak the PC late/early morning. I am really not well, but am fearful to talk to my counselor honestly because I want to go home. If I don't "play" by societies rules, they won't let me go home.

-Ty Weightman




I

No comments:

Post a Comment