Friday, December 20, 2013

One of the worst things about Aspergers is the transparency of the individual in the eyes of others. People often mistake the pure direct perspective as low self esteem, being a loser and not opting for being positive. When realistically allot of people with ASD prefer not to bypass the truth. I find unrecognised ASD appears to others like a person has the mind of a child. Both men and women are in the same boat with ASD, women get treated like dumb sex objects and men get completely and utterly ignored.

-Luke Watt

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I get this. Before it was even suggested I was on the spectrum, I would get comments like:

    "You're so innocent, kind, literal, and almost child like despite all you've been through."

    At the time it rubbed me the wrong way somehow, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now of course I get it, and it goes right along with not being heard or understood most of my life.

    ReplyDelete